View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Default WTB R300 George C Miller Andrews

Posted By: Dennis Winters

I apologize if the humor in my original post was not so obvious...I thought that it was . I am fully aware of the value of the uncanceled version as I have actually seen one in person. The one that I saw in person actually belonged the the wife of Ivy Andrews. This was in 1990 (a few years before she passed away). She was an extremely nice woman who had a wonderful collection of 1930's yankee items that I have never seen since. I only wonder where her card is now (since there are maybe 3 or so uncanceled samples in existence).

At the time (1990), my uncle who owned the sporting goods store that she was displaying her collection in estimated the value of the card at $20,000. Unfortunately, I didn't appreciate the true value and rarity of the card since i was more interested in the new upper deck and leaf cards.

Mrs. Andrews did comment to my family how much of a gentleman she considered me to be (I was 15) and she gave me a yankees hat. I still have the hat and value it greatly. Thanks!

ps.

Bruce, you might have just killed my chances of getting an uncanceled version of this card for $1000! But, I forgive you....