View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Default Am I dreaming in my hopes of collecting a nice looking PSA 3 T205 set?

Posted By: neil b. downey

Hi Guys, I was once again going over all of the great pre-war sets again in search of a new project. I have found many cool looking sets that have great player content and loads of historic value. One of these sets that have stuck the most with me is the T205 Gold Border set. I recently bought a PSA 3 NQ E.M. Reulbach that I feel is just what I am looking for. The corners were a little rounded, the edges had a few chips and a very small tobacco spot on the back. I'm pretty good with these flaws overall. However, it was very well centered on the front and the back along with having a clear registry. It also had a pretty clean back (even with the small spot) and had no creases or paper loss. This is a really nice card in a PSA 3 holder. Am I just dreaming to hope that I could put together a T205 PSA 3 set that has many cards that look like this one? Also, I am unsure how many cards make up a set. The SMR says 209 and the registry says 220. I noticed a bunch of cards that look like they have variations of the same player. If this is true, shouldn't there be a basic and master set on the registry? I have a lot to learn about this set and needlessly to say, a lot of cards to still get. I was hoping that I could pick the brains of some of the T205 experts and perhaps pick a few nice PSA 3s from your extras pile. Any info, advice or even cards for sale would be great. Thanks for your time, Neil