View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Default Investing or collecting

Posted By: Jamie Boneparth

Apparently there are those who can not only disagree, but must turn everything into a bet for money. I suppose it is an attempt to back the other person into a corner where if they refuse the bet, there is an implicit admission that they are wrong. I remember kids pulling this ploy when I was at summer camp.

Well, I'm 32 now, and can't say that there aren't times when I act childish, and probably everyone else, so it probably shouldn't come as a major shock when it appears on the boards. It's a shame, though, because I was really interested in hearing from the other younger members of this board to see what drew them into collecting vintage cards.

As for the issue of whether interest in vintage cards will pass as people from that time period pass away, I don't see it happening. Mainly because I view pre-war cards as somewhat like antiques. People are long since gone from the days of George Washington, but people are still pretty interested in original copies of the Declaration of Independence.