View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Default Collect by team: what team and why?

Posted By: david Poses

I've been doing my best to only buy cards of Yankees/Highlanders from pretty much any pre-war set that interests me (there are many). About a year ago it started bothering me that I had a collection that was all over the place (to each his own). I wanted to narrow my focus so that I had somewhat of a cohesive collection, relatively manageable goals, etc. I'd like to assemble raw subsets of T205, T206 and T207 Yankees, and have at least one example from the other criteria (pretty much any pre-war set that interests me).

I have kept the focus intact for nearly a year (minus a detour to collect T205 Minor Leaguers, which is nearly done), but I'm starting to branch out to Pirates cards with the same set goals and criteria.

Why New York Yankees? I live in New York, and my family's business is, and has been, the largest employer in the Bronx for the past 101 years. I feel a connection to the Bronx.

Why the Pirates? I have never been to Pittsburgh, but Pirates appear in so many sets that the Yankees are absent from (E93,95,96,D322,E90-2, etc) and I simply wanted in on those sets.

Do you collect by team? Which team? Why?

Here's one of my favorite Yankee cards and my first Pirate. Crappy condition, but it was an emergency that I buy something on Sunday...

E101 Knight

Photobucket