View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default Is Beckett (BGS) starting to gain respect in the pre-war community?

Posted By: Mark Anderson

Hey guys,

Yeah yeah yeah - the "inner sleeves and scanning" problem. I never understand why, but some people scan them perfectly fine - others can't - and I don't know what the trick is that half the people have figured out! Yes, the sleeves can definitely make it more difficult, but honestly, I don't see us ever deciding that the scan-ability of the card is more important than the protection, and the fact is that the inner sleeve does indeed protect better than anything else on the market. I wish I had a solution for both, but don't. We just crack way too many other holders where the cards have holder damage or insert damage.

As to the conflict of interest in the price guides, I encourage you to pick up a Graded Card Investor and look through it. They do not price them by company, but by grade. They then list exact selling prices on key cards from auctions, etc., but they specifically list the grading company and exact sales price. So I believe all of your concerns have been addressed on that end.

Thanks,
Mark