View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default Collectibles Insurance Agency Affidavit

Posted By: James Gallo

Larry- I disagree and I know from experience. My last claims was about $7500 and after the small $250 deductable and the salvage value they paid out without anyone even coming out or looking at anything beyond the list I sent and a few pictures. This company has been around since the 1960s and started out with stamps and coins.

I have now gotten more money out of them then I have paid in premiums. Perhaps it would be differnt with a non dealer policy, but the premiums would also be a lot lower.

I generally am not a believer in insurance but this is a must in todays world.

Al- All that being said if you try to put in a claim with USAA va CIA you will have two very different experiences.

As they and I have stated they will basically accept your word on any single item that you value under $5000, over that they want the item listed. They don't make you have scans or cert numbers and they won't even argue with the values (at least in the several claims I have made).

I think USAA will send someone out and say you lost a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle well they are all over ebey for $20 why is yours with 10K, they won't understand the difference between the card that was issued in 1952 and in 2009.

A friend of mine had this problem, trust me for the money CIA is much better then any rider on any home owmers policy.

As a side note there was a good article on collectible insurance in the Henderson (I Think) issue of SMR.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.