View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Default Lets revisit a new forum hosting s/w solution possibility

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks
I have just spoken to Brian McQueen and have emailed Dan B and Matt W about looking at different hosting sites for Net54. With all of the issues that are going on, and the lack of interest of Net54 to do anything in the way of upgrades, I feel it might be time to go to a different host. I posted 2-3 questions in the last few weeks, on the technical forum for Net54, and no responses were given. I truly feel we can do better than this s/w. At the end of the day it's the participants that make the community. We have had this discussion before but its been a while and we have more issues today than we did before. This won't be a short process if we decide to change so it's not like anything will happen overnight. My main concern is porting over the information we have debated for the last 8yrs. I doubt we would go to a platform where the information couldn't be taken with us. Thoughts on this and potential new forum hosts? If we do change we will do a redirect and make sure EVERYONE is able to find us FROM THIS SITE. This change would potentially take care of the AOL issue, of members being blocked for no reason, and the other issues we have had and are having. best regards