View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Default PSA reprint Fro Joy

Posted By: David M

David, I understand what you are saying but I don't believe I ever said PSA should be able to grade/judge anything set before them. However, trading cards are their expertise. From PSA's website:

Were the Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) -- the worlds largest third-party authentication service. No more guesswork or taking the word of one dealer over another. Now you can have your trading cards and tickets graded by an unbiased group of the hobbys most experienced grading experts -- and at the same time be assured that the only interest they have in your cards and tickets is to make sure theyre properly graded and carefully preserved. PSAs permanent grading standard is recognized industry-wide as the best possible form of consumer protection. So when you see a card or ticket for sale in a holder displaying the PSA logo, youll know you can buy with the confidence that it has been properly and professionally graded. If you want to verify the grade of your item before you sell, have it graded by PSA and realize its full value without leaving any money on the table. And if its safe, long-term storage youre after, PSAs tamper-evident holder offers the most visually appealing form of safe storage known. Our protective inert, optical-grade plastic holder will help keep your top collectibles in great shape for years to come.

The Fro-Joys certainly fit into this category. We already have several people on this board that have told us how to identify a phony. However, PSA doesn't feel comfortable with their level of expertise in this issue. I guess I'm back to "taking the word of one dealer over another" as PSA says.