View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default PHILLY SHOW this weekend....Mar 13-15th

Posted By: Jimmy Muscarella

Well, I'll add one more view about the show this weekend. I spent just about the whole day on Saturday there. Even with arriving early, the line to get in was long, but it wasn't too crowded walking around. From a collector with a modest budget, I thought the selection was very good (good amount of pre-war material, and a large amount of 1950's era cards also). I was able to pickup a few items, but do share the view about prices. Overall, they were high (which is to be expected) but even with negotiating would still be a bit more than it should be. It was great getting a chance to see some nice items, but I think the auction houses could have used a little less space 'displaying' their next auctions.

I was able to get some good pics of Frank Robinson, Mays, and McCovey...but would not pay the prices they were asking for autos.

I met a handful of people, including Ted Z...but didn't introduce myself to many others...you'll know it was me because I was the guy asking every person there if they had any 1921 Exhibits.

Overall, taking the show for what it was (a chance to look and talk cards with others in the hobby)...it was a very nice day.