View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Default New Ebay Experience (At Least for Me)

Posted By: D. Bergin

Sometimes Postal employees are also overzealous in collecting charges they think are due because they don't know their own rules.

Around a year ago I sent out a package, at the time there were all kinds of questions about whether you could send a package with rigid backing through 1st class mail, don't know why but it seemed to turn into an issue almost overnight.

Turns out if you looked deep enough into the USPS rulebook you could.........and one of the workers at my Post Office confirmed this for me and even printed out the page for me.

Anyways, about a week later I sent a package to Philly. Got an e-mail back from my customer that he got a postage due notice and they told him the package could only be sent via Priority Mail because of the cardboard backing. He had to go to the Post Office to pick the package up and pay the extra fee.

I was fuming. It was totally wrong on the Post Office's part and to be honest, it made me look horrible in the process. My customer was completely understanding but I did refund him the extra cost plus a bit more for his troubles because he was just caught in the middle and it caused him extra aggravation to.