View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Default OT: Need info help from a Boston area fan

Posted By: Bob Donaldson

If money is no object, then I'd agree with Bruce.

If you want to save money for BB Cards I have a few options

Stay in a hotel in copley sq. You could take a cab or the T blue line to green line to copley. T probably faster, definitely cheaper. You can walk to Fenway in about 10-20 minutes. If you stay at the Sheraton right at Prudential center its not more than 10 minutes. That's where visiting teams stayed in the 70s, not sure about now

Stay at the Holiday Inn on Cambridge St. Blue line from hotel to Bowden (Nice thing is you avoid the green line) and a 5-10 walk from there (all slightly down hill) or cab from the airport. You could T to the game (5-10 walk to Gov't Center, 10-15 min green line to kenmore). Me, I'd walk to Fenway, it would be at least 45 minutes, but you could go through Beacon Hill, the common and Public gardens a great walk.

There's also a few hotels; Howard Johnson, Buckminster, Hotel commonwealth ($$$) that are within 1/2 mile of the park.

One thing to keep in mind, although most of us seem to prefer the T, if you are carrying luggage to your hotel, stay away from the green line after 5pm as it will be jamed. In that case you are better off with a taxi.

good luck

Bob