View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Default THE 50 HR CLUB...a very telling list.....

Posted By: Jeremy

I was reading the list and I concur for the most part with that line that is drawn... It is compelling for sure. (Foster was pure - I agree with you Frank... He was skinny, but with muscle and a long swing)

Howard is a big ole boy as are the Fielder's and my guess these 3 would be pure...

I would like to explore with all of you the possibility that Griffey Jr. has always been pure. I have this hunch that he is clean and has been clean since he entered the league... Have any of you seen his arms up close ? I have seen him on and off over the last decade and he is the same size now that he was when he broke into the league. He has always had large legs, strong hips, and of course in my humble opinion one of the purest swings in bball. His arms are average at best...

I can't see anything about Jr. that would lead me to believe he doped...

You can see the ripped muscles under the uni's on most of these guys including A-Rod, etc.

Jr's numbers have been consistent throughout his career (Adjusted for shortened injury seasons) and he never really bounced back from injury like a lot of these doper's did... Roids were used more for the bounce back from injury, muscle fatigue, etc. than to build mass and power imho... (McGwire & Sosa = Exceptions)

Just curious if you guys think Jr has a better shot of being pure than a doper...