View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default THE 50 HR CLUB...a very telling list.....

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Obviously I don't know who used and who doesn't.

But a history of injuries to tendons and long muscles, punctuated by monstrous seasons of 50 home runs, to me, is a sign of steroid use. A-Rod has shown us that you don't need to be a big, bloated, gorilla like Jose Canseco to be a steroid user.

Therefore I will consider every player from the 1998-2003 era - including Griffey, Pujols, Ortiz, Jeter, Posada, Varitek, etc - GUILTY of using steroids. There were no tests until 2003, baseball made it clear that "chicks dig the long ball," clubhouses permitted steroid dealers on the premises and hired inexperienced "strength and conditioning coaches," and there is still no test for HGH. I now consider all players guilty until proven innocent, and since no player can possibly prove himself innocent, I will just assume they all used. I'm already over it, and I can now comfortably recognize the greatness of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.

I will also consider any player who had a miracle season, far ahead of his peers and far beyond any other season in his career, during which time reporters noted his hair was falling out "in clumps," GUILTY of using some sort of PED.

I will also consider any player who played baseball after the 1960s GUILTY of using amphetamines.

If an edge is available to a professional athlete, they will take it.

-Al