View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Default (don't jump in on because it's political) Jim Bunning (on BB HOF'ers vs. politicians)

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

ALL the newspapers in KY are HIGHLY liberal. Fortunately, they have about 10 total pages. I read the sports and do the sudoku and two crossword puzzles. That's about where it ends....

I said I wouldn't vote for him and I would hope that the Republicans would find a better candidate to challenge him in the primaries. I would be enthused about Sec of State Trey Greyson. We'll see. This will clearly be Bunning's most difficult race--because of his recent statements and because he's not raised much $$ so far. We'll see. Recent statements including WAY more than the Ruth Bader Ginsberg (sp?) statement.

He was a great pitcher though. Never got to see him pitch. I think, may be wrong, that he won 100 games in each the National and American Leagues and had 1000 strikeouts in each league as well. Not sure anyone else has done that before.

STILL an obliging signer from what I hear. About 6-8 years ago, I sent a couple of balls and 4-5 cards to his office in Fort Mitchell, KY near Cinci and he signed them within a couple weeks.