View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Default Large Joe Tinker Cubs Photo Pennant Questions & Help Please & Thanks

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I've studied Reulbach for years. I still think it is him. I see the post below me. I still think it looks like Reulbach, not Tinker. Makes me wonder if Paul's SN card has the wrong caption. I've been wrong before... still think that's Reulbach.

Now Steve has a valid point. Ed is long gone from the Cubs in 1916, which is the date attributed to these. I know only a bit about the Ferguson felts. I have a BF2 that has a wrong photo... so I know they got mixed up. Tinker goes to Cincinnati in 1913, then to the Chicago Whales for 1914 and 1915, then back to the Cubs for only 7 games in 1916. It is possible that in 1916 the pennants have the old stars from the Cubs' WS teams. So the idea of it not being able to be Reulbach isn't a stretch of plausibility. McGraw is on these big felts, he'd long quit playing. Huggins is on them, and 1916 was his last year. Reulbach is pitching for the Braves in 1916.

It is NOT a BF2. It is a close cousin. A more valuable one.

That doesn't look like Tinker to me, but it certainly looks like the pitching form, angular face, and nose, of Ed Reulbach.