View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Default Bud Selig thinking of reinstating Aaron as HR king

Posted By: Vintage Clout

Where do we draw the line in the sand? I am certainly no fan of Bonds, Clemens, McGuire, etc. but you CANNOT simply erase records from the book with "white out"! Keep in mind that of approximately 750 Major League players, you can bet that "at least" 500 or 2/3 are taking performance enhancing drugs and it is NOT because these players want to set records...there is simply too much money involved not to. Therefore, a significant number of pitchers are included in this group which enhances THEIR performance and quite possibly leveling the playing field. I was speaking with an ex-minor league pitcher a few months ago and was informed that taking "HGH" over several months will instanly add 3 - 5 miles per hour on the average professional level fastball!

It is certainly got out of hand and Selig did absolutely NOTHING all along to "push" for more testing and severe punishments......now he wants to be a hero.....give me a break! Unfortunately, I think it is going to get worse and I truely worry about the future of our National Pastime.

Regards,
VC

P.S. - Kudos to players like Jeter, Maddux and Griffey (especially Griffey who needed HGH in the twilight of his career more than anybody but refused to compromise his integrity!) who continue to be PERFECT representations of everything our National Pastime should stand for!