View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Default E90-1.....and the "Dirty Thirty" theory

Posted By: Michael Steele

I agree that Pop reports are not accurate when considering this set because of the "crack out and resubmit" game being played but I still think the Wagner throwing was printed in the same series right along with some of those rarities from the set. Maybe it was not the last series, who knows but there are just too few around of this card to say it is not up there with some of the scarce cards.

Sure there are raw sets galore out there but that's just it, these sets have equal numbers of each player. One stat was 176 Cobbs or so and 18 Wagners? That's like 10-1 and even with the Cobb double printed, it would still be 5-1.

I am not a pop report guy but I am looking at this as more of a logic-math point of view and throw in the fact that Wagner is ultra popular and people would be playing the same "crack and resubmit game" with his cards as with the others.

Also the American Caramel Company seemed to love the Pirates so why not throw another card of a couple of the best players such as Wags and Gibson on a final print run to help with sales. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'll be quiet now as you guys have moved on to that T-206 super thread or something like that happy.gif.