View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Default 1953-1955 Stahl-Meyer Franks

Posted By: Brian Powell

Thank you Leon. You're a swell guy. This is great stuff.

Thanks guys for all the kind thoughts, and especially to you Jim Manos, for you are one of the few who have some knowledge of the card promotion at the New York ballparks. Yes, to be sure, what you have to say helps. So Jim, do you have any other details, as well as who told you about the sale of the cards at the ballpark? Is that person still alive, that I might be able to interview him?

Also, do any of you New York gentlemen know of any good blogs or chat rooms that would be geared to memories of growing up in metropolitan New York City, or its environs? Let me assure you, I am not trying to seek the cards themselves. Those who have them have a decent idea of their value, though as we all know that is not always true. I wish I could have afforded doing battle for the 1953 Stahl-Meyer Roy Campanella that Heritage Auctions had last fall. It was graded SGC92. I saw it at the National, and I could hardly tear myself away from it. What a masterpiece, through and through! I guess it was bought for a few hundred under 6,000.

Anyway, thanks again for the responses. It seemed like all I was getting was the evening crickets, with an occasional bullfrog bellar in heat! Again, if anyone has a good idea of a terrific chat room, or even a New York baseball chat room, please take pity on me as I am not the most high tech high wired guy in America.

Hope to hear more. Maybe I will somehow be able to help one of you, too. Regards. Respectfully, Brian Powell at bfpowell2003@yahoo.com