View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Default OT: Need help identifying a baseball board game

Posted By: Richard Masson

I recently received this from a friend. I don't recall a game like this myself. Can anyone identify the name of this game?

"Im trying to track down a board game my cousin and I used to play when we were wee tikes in the late 70s/early 80s. The problem is, I dont know the name of the game or the manufacturer and Im hoping you can help with this. Possible clues to help in the search:

Presumably the game was made in the mid 70s
The game was approximately 3 feet x 3 feet in the shape of a baseball diamond and wasnt flat (it had stands rising from the field).
The game surface was cardboard and plastic and the stands were plastic.
The pitcher had control of small metal ball, approximately the size of a BB, that he would pitch from a sort of catapult at the pitchers mound. The pitching controls where levers located behind the centerfield stands.
The pitcher controlled how fast the BB traveled towards home plate and controlled a magnet under the path to home plate (think of the dirt strip that appears in many major league stadiums between the mound and home plate except this was plastic of course) which allowed him to throw a curve.
The pitcher also controlled a trap door under home plate which allowed him to throw a sinker.
The batter controlled a metal bat on a pivot arm that allowed him to control the power and timing of the swing at the pitched BB.
The field consisted of half moon cut out depressions which dictated 1B, 2B, out etc depending on which depression the batted ball landed in. You kept score by keeping track of the hits and outs. The best part is if you were able to time your swing just right when the pitcher through a sinker, you could hit the BB out of the stadium and clear across the room!"

Does anyone recall a game like this?

Sorry Leon for the off topic post. I'll post a scan of a G&B to make up for it later.