View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Default Just three more games... I mean 1 more Game and then there were PHILLIES WORLD CHAMPS!!!!

Posted By: Scott M.

Classic line from the back page of todays Philadelphia Daily News. A picture of Blanton just as the ball is leaving his bat and the caption "Joe, the Lumber"...

When I purchased tickets for game 5 before the series started I did so mainly because I knew it lined up to be a chance to see Cole Hamels pitch a World Series game at home. I have to admit that I also let my imagination run wild a little bit and thought how cool it would be if it was also a chance to see a series clinching win.

I still can't believe that I might get a chance tonight to witness in person something that has happened only once in 125 years for this franchise.

I skipped school and hopped public transportation with a couple of buddies as a 15 year old to make the parade in 1980. I think I might be a little too old for a parade this time around but I can definitely feel a sick day coming on tomorrow if they seal the deal this evening!

Scott