View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Default views on quotes from the board in public domain?

Posted By: Dan Bretta

No Jeff, apparently you don't read O'Keeffe closely enough. He hates you and me and our White Boys Club for keeping out those two guys from Cincinnati with their fake Wagner.

Michael O'Keeffe wrote the following -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think their story has a lot to do with being outsiders to the industry, and to a lesser extent, with the fact that they are African-American. I think this hobby is dominated by white, upper-class guys with plenty of disposable income, and they took it as an affront that a couple of black guys were trying to get into their club.

The guys on the (internet) collectors forums were especially brutal. With all the problems the memorabilia hobby suffers from, you’d think these guys would have something better to do than rag on two working-class guys. The comments were vicious and racist and ugly and they should be ashamed of themselves."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every single regular poster to this forum can look at a scan of that Wagner and tell without a doubt that it is fake, but apparently that's not it...we just don't want two black guys joining in on our reindeer games. And hey they can't take it to PSA because you know PSA might steal it and switch it out with a reprint.