View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Default OT Anyone else embarassed or disappointed with WS umpiring??

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Ahh... the "good old days", were when we were kids.

And when I was a kid the WS games were in the daytime. Now what kid out there wouldn't be more interested in baseball if it was an alternative to doing schoolwork in a classroom?

Oh for the days when folks would ask one another what the score was... when folks walked with radios, sometimes plugging them into an ear. Walk by furniture and tv stores to see the game on...

I'd like to see at least one game, maybe two, return to the daylight. But it will NEVER happen. MLB would never do something the fans want. The owners and the players want those prime time revenue dollars. The day has almost come for the Yankees to not play unless it is in primetime.

Amen, Jason,
Someone should email a link to this thread to the Commissioner and MLB. But surely they know what crap the umpiring has been, what an abismal decission it was to not call game 5 in the third inning and try again another day, and how divinely fortunate MLB was that Tampa Bay tied that game. I think MLB knows, and they don't give a rat's ass. They care not about the fans.