View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Default You know you have a great wife when ...

Posted By: John H.

For our 12th anniversary she presented me with plane tickets to Boston on May 17, 1999 returning on May 19. Those dates coincided with two Red Sox home dates against you know who. She had asked me some time before who Boston's biggest rival was but at the time I had no idea why. The first game's pitching matchup was a classic: Pedro and Cone. The second game wasn't quite as attractive: Brian Rose and Toad Irabu. The Sox won 'em both.

Looking back at it now, it's kind of amazing that I was able to call up the Red Sox box office and get an excellent ticket to both games, one down each line. The top price seat at Fenway in '99 was $35. Mine were $32. A lot has changed in less than 10 years.

Five years later she booked a night at the most expensive hotel in town for our 17th and when we entered the room and looked around I saw a framed 16" x 20" of Bobby Orr scoring "The Goal". "What a coincidence", I said out loud, "my favourite player." Upon closer inspection I saw that it was autographed. She then handed me the envelope with the COA in it.

She's the best.