View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Default Bruce Dorskind .. a question for you

Posted By: JimB

Boston Garters are so scarce that there is not an established market value today, in the internet age of increased access to information and multiple public auctions. What is the market value of a Matty BG today? Nobody knows! $1400 was a hell of a lot of money for a baseball card in 1978! I think T206 Wagners were going for around 3k then. Bruce does not seem like he was cheating the guy. And the guy knew what he had. He had at least two serious buyers expressing interest for years. When the right offer came at the right time, he sold it. No crime was committed. Nothing unethical happened.

David, I think you have other issues with Bruce and you are displacing your anger about that onto this situation. There is my pop-psychology analysis of this situation.
JimB

P.S. Let's all lay off the attacks on professors as a general category. Some of the greatest people I know are professors. Thankfully we have great educators in this country who are willing to work for a small fraction of what they can make in the business world or private sector in order to pass on their knowledge to the next generation. It is not only professors who "waste" their time on baseball card websites.