View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Default eBay - now is our chance!!!

Posted By: David Smith

Jim VB,

With the market going the way it is going and with eBay stock most likely falling even farther, the market cap is going to shrink. The key is getting enough stock so as to have a say and to be able to make proposals at the board meeting.

A small collective like the net54 Limited Partners, for example, might not have a big chunk of the company BUT if we (hypothetically) could buy enough stock that we could get noticed and THEN have some good, logical solutions to fix the company, then more people might see what we are trying to do, follow us and vote for the changes.

My suggestions for changes would be:

1) to undo some of the recent changes (accepting PayPal only as a payment method, the new feedback rating system, etc).

2) keep the look of the pages the same. No more changing the look just for the sake of change.

3) doing away with Private bidders and hidden feedback.

4) get away from the focus on fixed price listings and back to auctions. If the management wants a fixed price venue, then split the company into two different companies; one for people who want to sell items at a fixed price and one where people can sell things in an auction format.

5) have only the pre-1930 category for baseball cards and do away with the sub lising categories. A lot of people have no clue what years the cards they are trying to sell are from and just throw out a year and hope. Why even have it?

6) have a Reprint category and MAKE peopel use it!!!!! No more of this, "I don't know if the card is real or not but eBay is making me list it as a Reprint" or "the card doesn't say reprint anywhere on it" crap.

If people list a fake in the authentic section, give them a warning and MOVE that card to the reprint section. If they list another fake in the authentic section, ban them from selling cards for a period of time. If they do it a third time, kick them out.

David