View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Default Are you buying, selling or just waiting?

Posted By: David Poses

I've been selling stuff I shouldn't have bought in the first place (don't care if its at a loss- this is a hobby) and have been buying stuff which either (a) fits into my focus of early T/E Highlanders cards, or (b) is from my side project (1950,51,52) Bowman sets.

The question of how the economy is affecting our hobby is an interesting one. I think that in some instances, there are big bargains out there- as we all know- it takes only two people to make a card go through the roof in an auction. In the absence of that pesky second person, the first person can get a steal more often now than, say, 6 months ago.

Last night I won a T207 Wolverton PSA 4. Over the past few months, I've been trying to pick up T207 Highlanders and with very few exception, those cards in similar condition have gone for close to, if not more than, $100. A few weejs ago, an SGC 60 T207 Vaughn sold for $319. A few days later I bought a different SGC 60 Vaughn (looks exactly the same) for $160). AS for last night's Wolverton, the hammer price was $44.00. Hmmmm....

(I hope I didn't just screw myself on the T207 Highlanders)