View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default The Death of Direct Sales

Posted By: LetsGoBucs

(a) 200% health tax on all foods which the government (based on some tbd standard) deems unhealthy.
This would go along way toward curing most of America's Health Problems. All the tax money
collected could be used to fund the healthcare system
(b) Death penalty for dealing of all illegal drugs
(c) Deportation of all illegal immigrants by 2012
(d) Return all illegals in our jails to their home country (except terrorists) and cut off foreign aid
to any country that does not accept them
(e) Flat tax on income spent -tax incentive for savings
-----------------

a. respectfully disagree. The last thing we need are government bureaucrats telling us what to eat. I could just see how foods would be added/subtracted from the list - special interests and local congressmen would ruin the concept. Do agree that American's health in general is a concern, especially obesity. Would that also mean mandated exercise every day? Freedom is not something that should be turned over to bureaucrats, and this just smells like the state creeping more and more into our everyday life.

b. We already have too many people in jail for small time drug use. I'd actually prefer to get most of these people out of jail.

c. We need a workers program with the Mexican government and the Carribean. Charge a fee to get a work permit and also a fee to renew to pay for the program. This would increase tax revenue. I do agree that we have to be tougher on those coming to this country. I support immigration....from Poland, from Ukraine, from Korea, from Japan, from Brazil, etc....but not from Saudi Arabia, Libya, Yemen. Thats not to say that no one from Yemen can come...but we need to be extremely strict on the criteria. For those already here, commit a crime and you should be on the first train out.

d. I agree with this. It would save us money and set an example of law and order.

e. This is your best idea IMO. I do think it would need to be done in some sort of combination with income taxes. Those that earn at the very top end should not be allowed to avoid taxes by not spending. The other tricky thing with this is what do you do about spending by Americans overseas? This refers also to my comment about the very top earners....ie those folks could save in year one, move the money to Switzerland in year 2 and then be spending it in Monte Carlo tax free!!

I agree that we need to reward savings. Another interesting way to do it would be to get rid of the exemptions for things like houses, cars, hybrids, etc. And replace with some sort of match for proven savings up to a certain dollar amount. So if you earned 50K and saved 5K you reduce your Federal income taxes by 5K. I would also support a limit as I truly believe that everyone must contribute taxes.