View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Default The Death of Direct Sales

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Joann, I agree with your sentiment but I think, as I've said above, a lot of the basis for people to think that Palin is dumb is due to the liberal media's bashing of her like no other candidate in recent memory. She's asked which is a Supreme Court decision other than Roe v. Wade that she disagrees with -- and because she can't answer it she's an idiot? (Granted that's one example) I'm not sure how many lawyers could easily come up with an answer while on the spot. Yet Joe Biden talks about FDR going on the television during the Depression and calming the country; except there was no TV then and Hoover was in the White House. And yet there is barely a mention in the mainstream press about this. She is a governor of a state in America and has huge approval ratings in Alaska. It's not like she came out of completely nowhere. Any day you pick up the New York Times you'll find an anti-Palin article on the cover. And I mean just about every single day for the past 5 weeks. It's really appalling that the media believes they should determine who the next president is.

Of course, I do think she's unqualified -- but I feel the same way about Obama. It just is somewhat stunning that there has been way more reporting about "Troopergate" than there has been about Obama's connection to Bill Ayers or Tony Rezko.