View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Default The Death of Direct Sales

Posted By: JimB

Wow, stay away for a couple of days and look what happens.

I personally am utterly baffled that anybody would consider voting for McCain/Palin at this point. McCain has been a rubber stamp for the absolute worst president in our country's history. Why couldn't the "maverick" stand up to Dubya when he lead us into a pointless war that has cost tens of thousands of lives (I consider Iraqis as human also)? Why did he support endless de-regulation? Why did he twice support the erosion of our civil rights by voting for the Patriot Act? And why in the world did he chose Sara Palin as a VP candidate?

The nomination of Sara Palin was the most idiotic display of pure politics and lack of judgement I think I have ever seen in presidential politics. They mayor of a town of 6000 in Alaska whose extent of knowledge of international politics is that she can see Russia from her front porch is someone to have a heartbeat away from the presidency? So she knows the Dubya trick of droppin the 'g' to sound folksy. She is a woman and a fundamentalist so the political determination was that she would rally the base and maybe pick up a few Clinton defectors. Who among McCain supports honestly believe that McCain thinks she will make the best vp or president of anybody he knows?

I don't want a president I can hang out with. I want one that is qualified to be president. If you don't think you are qualified to be president, why would the guy or gal you share a beer with be qualified? The problem with democracy in this country is that Americans in general no longer think. They swallow the campaign lies and Fox soundbites without an ounce of critical thinking.

JimB