View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Default New eBay policy starting late October

Posted By: Rob Fouch

Ebay seems to have declared war on sellers -- or at least small-time ones like me. I'm a tag sale junkie and go out every weekend looking for records, books, etc. to sell for extra cash. I've been able to make an average of $200-$300 a week -- sometimes more if I make a nice find -- just doing it in my off hours from my real job. But ebay's making it tougher and tougher.

First, the no negative feedback thing, which still steams me. It leaves sellers with absolutely no protection against idiots and thieves.

Then, the constant raising of fees.

Now the paypal thing, which is a monopoly if ever there was one.

And most frustrating of all for me, is the Detailed Seller Ratings and the "Search Standing" feature, which determines how much visibility your items get. In the Detailed Seller Ratings, mine are 4.8, 4.8, 4.7, 4.7 (out of 5; pretty damn good, you'd think), and I have near perfect feedback. Yet my search standing was just pushed down to "lowered," the worst level. Unbelievable. So now all my listings will be buried.

I just don't understand what they're thinking. Of course, that's my mistake, actually believing that there's any thinking going on. Idiots.

Rob