View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Default TRIVIA.....Will history be repeated ? ?

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Barry, it wasn't a gaffe, it was a lie. And honesty is an important character trait in a presidential nominee. And that one lie exposed Obama to some large extent; he was on such a high pedestal compared to McCain that a similar lie from McCain would have had much less of an effect on voters.

The fact is the election will not be decided on the Net 54 boards no matter how angry people get. I think that the process is a very subtle one in which momentum plays a major factor. If Obama does not figure out how to reverse the momentum soon he will surely lose the election. I remember saying in August that I believed the one thing Obama could do to reverse the subtle slide he was going through then (this was pre-Palin) was to pick Hilary for VP. However, either because Bill was just too much to bear for him (I can't blame Obama for that) or just plain arrogance, he chose Biden instead. That was a mistake regardless of Biden's abilities. Unfortunately, in today's day and age 'ability' and 'competence' take a back seat to appearance and perception in the minds of American voters.