View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Default DSR below 4.3 and you can't sell?

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

A few posts back up there was the idea, as I understood it, that if a buyer bid on something he's agreeing to the listed postage, and should not then complain that it is high.

I can't agree with that.

From time to time I bid on something I want that has postage at about twice what makes sense, more than twice what the seller spends on postage. That is unreasonable and high postage in my mind. I've agreed to pay it, but that agreement doesn't make it reasonable.

I think part of what is happening is that eBay was responding to high postage to avoid part of the commission. Imagine a T206 worth about $20, it is listed on eBay with $8 shipping. Maybe folks would bid up to about $15 to $18 or so... not as much as they'd have bid with $2.50 shipping. The sale price is less, eBay gets less, the seller makes up the difference on the shipping.

I do agree that this DSR stuff is a mess as currently constructed. 4 sounds good according to eBay's description, but that isn't so with how they want a 4.3 average. So eBay needs to drop that down to 3.7 or 3.8...

They are killing a good thing....