View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Default Mastro Being Investigated - Article

Posted By: leon

Understanding Scott and I are very new to the auction house business we believe our written policy (permanent on our website) helps alleviate fear. Add to this the fact that from day 1 Scott and I HAVE NEVER HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE EVEN 1 MAX BID and the fear of shilling should be nill......No, we can't stop what others do in our auction but we can police ourselves as much as possible. PLUS, we have a written rule against us, or family members, bidding in auctions... 0/12.5% ...why pay more?

and our policy....

"Bidding Records, Altering, Trust- Brockelman and Luckey Auctions keeps all bidding records in perpetuity. If an issue ever arises they can be audited. All BIDDING RECORDS WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL UNLESS THERE IS AN ISSUE. If a record is disclosed it will be made known to 3rd party sources (only) for verification of bids and to ensure the integrity of the auction process. We want bidders and consignors to have 100% confidence in our process and these UNIQUE rules, we believe, will further that objective. Brockelman and Luckey Auctions will not alter any cards, or other items, or ever have anything other than authentication done to them. We feel there is more to lose than to gain in this area of the hobby."

I don't think disclosing bidding records openly is a good thing. Too many hobbyists want to stay private and their privacy should be maintained......