View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Default About soaking cards

Posted By: T206Collector

[were you insinuating that grading companies are OK with people soaking cards? maybe some soaked cards have "slid" by the graders, but i guarentee if the grading companies are asked about "soaking", they would consider that altering a card...guaranteed.]

The higher the grade, the less noticeable the soaking. My SGC 70 Pfeister up there early in this post has no traceable evidence. Other cards have bits of paper loss or evidence of scrapbook removal which demonstrate that the card was once in a water solution. SGC has problems with chemical removal. They may not be overtly telling you to soak your cards, or endorsing that practice -- but they will tell you that if you soak a card in water that they will grade it. I have asked them. That was the answer.

Runscott's initial post in 2002 (citation above) spoke about lines on the reverse of T206 cards, where the card used to rest in an album. I have an SGC 50 -- formerly PSA 4 -- with those lines. Those lines are the remnants of soaking. It's obvious. Why would PSA and SGC grade those cards if they knew the card had been soaked, as I did?