View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Default Aloha from Chicago

Posted By: DMcD

How ya doin', sportsfans! The first day of the National is pau. Got there at 5, stayed until 9, walked miles of aisles, saw plenty nice cards and jawboned with lots of Net54ers. Took a few photos, just had a look at them and unfortunately many of them are a tad on the crappy side, mostly either due to poor focus or flash blowback. Nevertheless, I am in the process of editing them and hope to upload a couple of dozen in the next hour or so. I need to take the Imageevent site off-line in the meantime. I will edit this post when the pikkies are ready.
======================
OK, the pictures are uploaded and the site is back on-line. It's not photojournalism at its best, my pictures don't really capture the sheer vastness of the show nor much of the great cards I saw (loads of glorious cabinets, razor sharp CJS, Richard M's killer Breisch-Williamses, the list goes on) nor the convivial jocularity (Barry can translate) and all-around good BSing that went down wherever there were Net54ers to be found. I'll take another shot at it tomorrow. Gotta go crash.

Vintage cards, scantily-clad Chicago maidens, uku-zillion penguins, authentic Dutch people and more at . .
http://ImageEvent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika