View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Default Aloha from Chicago

Posted By: DMcD

I arrived in Chicago on Monday evening and am presently ensconced in the friendly confines of the Rosemont Embassy Suites Hotel across the street from the site of the imminent National. I have created a new album on my ImageEvent photo site and have posted some photos already of my "tourist day" in town today (Tuesday). The plan is to upload pictures each night of the day's goings-on. The computer I brought with me is a full-grade POS so I can't guarantee anything but I will do my best for you guys that couldn't make it here. (If any of you that are staying at Embassy Suites hear loud vulgarities that begin with "f" coming from the fourth floor, that will be me scolding the effing computer).

Took the train into town this morning and had a walkabout. It was hot as an insensitive metaphor, as we say down in Texas, in Chicago today. The upside was that the girls were attired accordingly and Michigan Avenue was indeed Magnificent. (Sorry guys, no photos. "Excuse me, Miss. May I take your picture and put it on the internet? My website needs some eye candy." Uh-huh.) When I wasn't being a leering pervert I felt like Clem Kadiddlehopper gawking the tall buildings. Golly!

Went for a tour of Wrigley Field in the afternoon. It's a gem of a ballpark but it was a bit strange being there with no game being played. Am looking forward to being part of the Wrigley crowd this weekend. Have tickets for Saturday's game with the Pirates.

That's it for me tonight. I'll post again to inform y'all, as we say out in Hawaii, when I have uploaded more photos.

==================================
Wednesday afternoon: The votes are all in and I am an insensitive mofo. It is not my style to deliberately piss people off; the offending simile has been removed. My intent on the thread is primarily to share any halfway decent photos I take. I don't want the thread to detour into whether I am a pig or not.

Vintage cards, scantily-clad Chicago maidens, uku-zillion penguins, authentic Dutch people and more at . .

http://imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika

edited to fix link.