View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default VCP Price change date

Posted By: Dave F

Peter,

Not sure we are reading the same things here. First, I thought folks would have a couple weeks to decide if they wanted to commit futher in years at their current rate. That has now went to two days.

Second, I can buy Bobby's point of things have becoming more expensive in cost to run his operation. What I can't understand is why the need for a 30% hike for something less, or an 80% hike for something equal. OR.....everyone has an option at locking in their current price of $99 a year for up to five years. Now, I'm no rocket scientist. However, if your company is not able to operate at its current level with the money being brought in, why would you give the option to let everybody keep that exact same rate for the next five years?? It just doesn't make sense. And who is to say Bobby won't come out two years from now and say that because eBay is doing this, or because there are now three more auction houses to follow, or because snow can sometimes be yellow that he won't ask for ANOTHER increase two years from now when people have already committed for an additional five?

This was just handled poorly in my opinion and Bobby will lose some customers over it. It's terrific he brought this to the attention of the board here. I know it was also brought up on VCP. However, I don't ever check the forum section on VCP, I wonder how many people do? What should have happened, and for me anyway what has NOT happened is Bobby should have sent an email to each customer explaining this as well. Besides here, the forum on VCP (which again, how many notice?) and the PSA board....how would any other customer know about this until they are suddenly shown a flag when they try to log into their VCP account? Oh, and by that time the two day notice to keep your current rate will be gone.