View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Default An open letter to SCP auctions

Posted By: larry

This post refers to lot #384 which was auctioned last Thursday June 26th by SCP auctions and Dave Kohler.As you can see from the email sent to me at 8:44 from SCP auctions I was the high bidder at $1902. The next day when I went to see if I won the the lot ( which was the only lot I was bidding on) I saw that it sold for $1902.So I waited and waited for an email cofirming where to send my $1902 plus premium plus shipping. Nothing came.

Today I get on the phone with a Mr.Miller and he looks into this and said that their email was malfunctioning. Huh? Email malfunction? What is that? I am not the smartest guy in the world...not even close but email malfunction? Come on... I give him some credit for thinking on the fly but an auction house that has been in business for many years has to come up with a better story than email malfunction. Their auction was 500+ lots...was only lot #384 malfunctioning? Did they call me to tell me I was outbid? No Did they email me on Friday Saturday Sunday Monday to tell me that the email I got was in error? No Hmmm

I am beginning to smell a rat now. I keep telling Mr.Miller that it says in the only SCP email I received that I am the high bidder at $1902. Mr Miller says maybe simultaneous bids happened. Wait a minute I say.....Simultaneous bids on an overpriced 1957 Baker error card at 8:44:08???? Now I really must be stupid.

As it stands now all I want to do is pay for the item I won. Mr.Kohler where can I send my check? If this isnt resolved in my favor I believe that SCP auctions are rigged and would encourage any forum members from staying far far away. I will keep everyone up to date. Larry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: XXXXXXX@aol.com
Sent: 7/12/2008 8:44:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Bid Increase Notification

Dear Larry XXXXXX:
Another bidder has submitted a bid on Lot 384: 1957 TOPPS #176 GENE BAKER (BAKEP VARIATION) PSA 7 NM. This has increased your bid per your Maximum Bid on this lot. You are now the current high bidder on this lot at $1,902.00.

Click here to increase your Maximum Bid.

Please email info@scpauctions.com or call SCP Auctions at + 1 800 350.2273 with any questions.

SCP Auctions, Inc.
26035 Acero Suite 200
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Phone: +1 800 350.2273
Fax: +1 949 643.2800
www.scpauctions.com

Thank you,
SCP Auctions