View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Default T213-1 Post'em if you got'em

Posted By: leon

Guys,
I don't understand all of the theories that are being put forth about the Coupons. I think it's as easy as Burdick sitting down with a bunch of tobacco cards. He put them all in groups according to dates of mfg AND mfg/brand......not one OR the other. He found the later Coupon series to be printed at a later date. They all had the Coupon advertising, ie put out in Coupon Cigarettes and classified them together. No need for print similarities or anything else. It isn't, and wasn't, rocket science. They are all Coupon Cigarette cards and classified as T213-x......

As for the thickness, or thinness, I am not sure that would have mattered as much because, as Jon pointed out, and verified, the AB packs were the same thickness....although in my brain housing group it does seem that they are a little thinner. I can double check that this evening.....but am sure ole Jon did the same... Still a good friendly debate though there is no reason why T213-1 should be a T206 for that reason (brand/nfg). If anyone looks in the ACC.....they will see that, for the most part, Burdick classified cards according to mfg/brand. Coupon was the brand....and is classified as T213.

I want to reiterate my main thought why Coupon series 1 is still T213. Burdick classified cards according to brand/mfg. I feel he did NOT drop the ball and got it correct.....