View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default SHOELESSJIM & Vintage Investment ebay situation

Posted By: dan mckee

Yes Steve it can get there faster but rarely does. Please test this if you haven't though that may get expensive now, as I did a several package test all over the country. Yes bubbles go through a machine but 1st class boxes do not, they are handled exactly as the priority boxes. I an sending out a $700 card on Tuesday, my buyer had the option of 1st class or priority and he chose 1st class. He gets it well packed and in a nice sturdy box. He saved about $2.50 on shipping and will receive the exact same service as a priority box.

Yes the weight really matters, most of what I said only pertains to light items. As you stated and I FULLY agree, anything heavier and priority is a no brainer. As such in Tim's case which I think you were referring to, I am completely with you there Steve, ship those multiple slabs priority because of weight. A nice high end card is just as safe ain a brown box as it is in a red,white and blue one. I offer both 1st class and priority at different costs. Quite honestly if I am bidding on just 1 card I will ask if the seller will ship 1st class if only priority is lisetd. If he refuses, I usually don't bid as light items shipped priority is gouging. Take care Steve, Dan.