View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Default SHOELESSJIM & Vintage Investment ebay situation

Posted By: dan mckee

I am going to agree with Steve on this one. A bunch of graded cards and heavy should go priority or as Adam stated, flat rate priority. In this case when it exceeds a certain weight, then yes, the boxes are free. THEY ARE NOT FREE when you are shipping something less than 2lbs. Your customers are getting clobbered. I offer both 1st class and priority mail so it is the buyers choice as insurance should be as well at their risk.

I am sorry but I completely agree with Adam as well. Stating the shipping price shouldn't free you from a negative and doesn't give you a license to steal. This seller would have many more negatives I bet if it wasn't for the fear of retaliation which is what the new system has been rid of.

adding $$$ for each additional auction is trying to get the buyer to pay your ebay fees, not help with shipping. If the weight goes up then yes, add some shipping. Otherwise, 1 or 10 raw cards should cost the same or maybe $1 more max.

Tim, $33 shipping???? How long after that before you could sit down again?? Dan.

oops! I wanted to also state that Jason should not be getting gigged on fair deals just to rack up negatives against him for a few bad deals. That doesn't seem fair.