View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Default SHOELESSJIM & Vintage Investment ebay situation

Posted By: Tom Hufford

A few years ago, I regularly dealt with an ebay seller who listed autographed cards in groups of 10. And in every auction listing he gave the postage charge as $3. I'd usually win lots for $6-10 each, I'd pay the listed postage charge, and the cards would arrive in an envelop with a single first class stamp on it. That was OK if it was a single lot, I understand about taking time to package it up, etc. But a couple of times I won 5 or more lots at a time, asked the seller if he could combine postage, and he said "No, postage is $3 per lot." So, I paid $15+ postage, and would get the cards in an envelope with less than $1 postage on it. After doing that a few times, and the seller still refusing to combine postage, I simply said "OK, if I'm paying separate postage fees, then send separate packages." I paid for one lot at a time, via Paypal, and didn't send the payment for the second lot until I'd received the first, etc. After a while, the seller agreed with me that perhaps he SHOULD combine postage. I think he probably had some problems with some other customers, too, though, since he finally told me "This just isn't worth it, I'm not making as much as I used to" and I rarely see him listing anything for auction anymore.