View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Default I Don't Understand the Compaints about E-bay's New Feedback

Posted By: James Gallo

"Check Amazon.com's Marketplace policies. If you aren't familiar with Amazon's Marketplace, it's basically like E-bay with "buy it now" prices. If a buyer has a dispute with a seller, the buyer is first required to contact the seller to ask for resolution. The seller has 3 days to respond with a resolution. You communicate completely through the Amazon website and Amazon keeps records of both the buyers and sellers communication with each other. If the seller does not make things right, Amazon may step in and refund the buyer. In other cases, if Amazon finds the seller in the right, they rule in favor of the seller."

By this statement you are saying that Amazon takes upon the risk and covers both parties. This is the problem. Neither Ebay no Paypal provide any protection for the seller and limited for the buyer.

My wife bought a vacum on ebay for $100. It comes in the mail packed like crap, used with nothing but the main piece, paypal was able to get a whole $40 back for her and the rest just vanished into cyber space.

As I stated I don't think I have EVER heard of any seller winning a paypal dispute.

I have damn near 4000 feedback with only 11 negative. I do a damn good job of taking care of the customer, but when I get screwed for no reason and the buyer wins ever case I have a problem. In the past I would get some satisfaction with knowing I was able to warn others about a bad buyer, this has now been taken away from me.

As I said I could write a book with all the stories and issues I have had with ebay and paypal. The problem is multi layered, but the biggest issue is that ebay just doesn't care and as a previous poster has stated they don't care about the seller's as we don't have any place else to go.

Well if they institute this new forced paypal policy I will be off ebay for good.

Ebay thinks they are the end all be all and that all the buyers and sellers will just accept any changes they make, however based on the wonderful feedback this feedback change got and all the other new changes, I see more and more people leaving ebay which may end up being good for us all.

The old system didn't work, but this new system gives the buyer too much control and it will be the beginning of the end in my opinion.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.