View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Default Thursday nite Trivia

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

When I researched the Strike/Walk factor, I was surprised that Fergie came out way ahead of
the HOF pitchers.
Gee, I guess this factor demonstrates that a pitcher (like Fergie) can keep winning 20+ games,
year after year, with a mediocre team, as long as he can minimize the number of Walks that he
gives up. And, I think you'll agree that Wrigley is a batter's ballpark.

I know you'll like this story regarding Fergie.....back in the late '80s, Fergie used to set up at
BB card shows. His table was near mine at a small show in Phillipsburg, NJ.

He was a fun guy to talk with, actually he did most of the talking. And, as far as he was con-
cerned, there was never a better Catcher and friend than Randy Hundley. He went thru all my
1960's Topps cards and pulled out his own 1966 Rookie card and then every Hundley card that
I had. He didn't want to pay for them, he wanted to trade. So, I looked at all his stuff, which
was mainly an assortment of autographed cards and memorabilia. So, I picked out some of his
memorabilia in trade. By the end of the show, I realized I had another 1966 Rookie card of his,
so I had him sign it. Like I said, Fergie that day was a really fun guy to be with.

TED Z