View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Default Why is the price data always a year or more behind

Posted By: James Gallo

So we have a few "price guide" web sites and I have noticed that all the data is a year or more old. With most pre war sets this can only give you an idea of what a card might sell for today and it really doesn't provide a great reference.

So why is it so behind all the time and what use do you feel it gives buyers or sellers on the value of a given card today.

I mean especially with an ebay auction there are SO many factors that can greatly impact the price, so can having one or two price points over a 2-3 year period really be helpful.

Every time I have looked up a card I find the listed prices to be 25-50% lower then I could buy the card for. To me this means the prices are outdated or the cards have greatly increased in a short period of time. While the 2nd may be true I don't see common Cracker Jacks doubling in price over the last couple of years.

Anyway I am just venting a bit as these sites are set up as a guide, yet for that purpose they seem outdated as the information is never up to date.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.