View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Default Of DOPNER..MURR'Y..SHAPPE..'NODGRASS..DOYLE error mark

Posted By: John

I really don’t have any issue with what anyone pays for such oddballs, as long as these oddballs don’t get added to the checklist..LOL

To me the only thing that bothers me is the inconsistency that surrounds these cards why Murr’y & Shappe for example bring big bucks while other cards which have been well documented and well known bring little more than a few dollars extra if lucky. Such as is the case of the Randall Milwaukef card below I have 2 of these. After all that entire card has had the same unfortunate printing error happen that any of the above had happen. I have always viewed these cards like clothes they come in and out of fashion.

Once someone discusses the card enough or one sells to one collector for a significant sum, then the other examples have a windfall of epic proportion added to their value.

Now as for the Doyle “dot” card been watching this one for a long time I have about 3 now all Piedmont 350 however I have seen a Sovereign and Sweet Caporal that have the same mark, any thoughts on those Ted?

If you really look hard enough there are all sorts of oddballs in this set part of the fun of T206 IMO. Partial letters on jerseys, reverse commas, oddball ink bleeds, missing font letters etc. I have dozens of them..why some are worth more than others who knows?

All I’m ever really sure of anymore is what I’m willing to pay and that changes every day for me at least.