View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default Who says lesser T's are soft

Posted By: Bob

I think that caramel cards have slowed their meteoric climb. The E94, E97 and E98 sets, three I watch carefully, took off like crazy the past 9 months but have slowed a little. The registry boys still drive up the prices of the highly graded cards but mid and lower grade cards have stabilized.
I agree with leon, now is a great time for set collectors and that is why I am planning on branching out in to other tobacco and caramel card sets.
As far as tobacco cards go, since I finished the T206 (minus Big 4) and T205 and T207 sets, I don't watch them all that closely but I can tell you that T210 Old Mill red borders have continued to fetch high prices and don't seem to be levelling off to me. From lesser to higher grades they are still bringing strong prices. Mid and high grade Obaks (T212s) also seem to be climbing as collectors realize the scarcity of these cards.
Early Zeenuts continue their price climb, although with several collectors having reached 90% of the set in the 1911 and 1912 sets, the prices for the more "common" Zeenuts in these 2 sets have come back to earth a little.