View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Bill Panagopulos</b><p>And DD - <br /><br />These forgers are not rocket scientists. Otherwise, they would have found a way to earn an honest living a long time ago.<br /><br />The issue is NOT the number of extant Beatles signed albums. The issue is forgery, and incompetent authenticators, and impossible amounts of exceedingly rare autographs, and auction houses that don't react to legitimate questions, and websites with no contact information, and baseless lawsuits, and false allegations made against honest dealers, and crooked double dealers lining their pockets at the expense of naive novice collectors, and...<br /><br />BTW - I just checked artfact.com. Only TWO beatles signed albums have been sold by Christie's, Sotheby's, Bonham's and other such prestigious auction houses in the past seven years. Both were British albums, one signed on the back brought $41,000, the other signed on the front (signatures light)brought $18,000 (2005). Although I respect Mastro and Lelands, I'd really like to know who, if anyone, authenticated those albums.