View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default COA Stickers Affixed to Cards

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Situations such as these are not the fault of JSA or PSA. It is the fault of whoever submitted the item. Customers have three choices in this instance. The first choice has the disastrous results you see in Paul's scan. For the exact same cost (and, in some cases slightly LESS!), this same submitter could have opted to have that McBride card slabbed. Or, for $15 more, he could have opted for a full LOA. Obviously, the slabbing choice would have been optimal. The authentication companies are not fans of stickering such beautiful vintage material, either, but the ultimate decision is left to the collector who submits the item. The authentication companies may suggest otherwise (as I most certainly did on occasion), but if the customer wants small cert stickers, small certs they shall have. Let me state for the record that it used to pain me to apply a sticker to such pieces. I agree with all of you! As an earlier poster correctly postulated, authentication companies have no better alternative. I'm sure that they would welcome any suggestions. I for one can't think of any.