View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Default An Open Letter to Global, Mike Baker and Steve Rocchi

Posted By: Pscolgrafs

My favorite part of that jersey is that all the names were Hall Of Famers, collected over what appears to be a twenty year time, and Roger Maris happens to find himself in a signed jersey that was done over a period of time in two different sharpies!

This is a big deal to be honest with you because Global is associated with eBay and there is trust there, as there is trust between the loyal SCD readers and their advertisers. If GAI can get this so wrong, how can they manage other names that often show up in infrequently in suspicous forms (James, Ali, Woods, Jordan etc.), as well as asking the important questions. Who authenticates for Global and how does one get the job?

There are varying degress of forgeries. The ones above are nicely done, but also somewhat famous and if Shelly can decipher them (as as well as many experts), maybe you have the wrong authenticators in place if you in fact want to call yourself a reputable authenticating house.

I would just once like to hear someone who frequently makes mistakes to admit it. Will that happen in this hobby during my lifetime?